About DAVEY JAY
Davey Jay has dedicated her practice to the areas of Entertainment Law, Business Law, and Intellectual Property Law throughout her entire legal career.
She is a skilled advisor and negotiator and has worked on deals with major enterprises such as HBO, Warner/Chappell, Discovery, Telemundo, Sony/Columbia, and Sub Pop, and has represented Oscar, Grammy, and Emmy winners along with artists and creatives who are just beginning to embark on their careers.
Davey is an adjunct professor at Barry University School of Law where she teaches Entertainment Law. In recognition of her professional achievements and community service, Davey has received an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, 10.0 Superb from Avvo, a Legal Elite designation from Florida Trend, the Service Excellence Award from Barry University School of Law, and the Women Who Mean Business Award from the Orlando Business Journal.
Davey is also a sought-after speaker and presenter. She has been invited to speak and share her knowledge at various conferences and events, such as the Orlando Fringe Festival, the Sunscreen Film Fest, Florida Writers' Association, FL Bar Midyear Meeting, and American Bar Association Annual Entertainment Law Conference. You can also listen to various podcasts where she has been invited to talk about everything from copyrights to artificial intelligence, a few of those are available here: Copyrights in Music, Generative AI: Driving Innovation, How To Protect Your Art, and Trademarks and NFTs.
Also, yes, Davey is her real first name and, no, it's not short for anything. She's a coffee junkie and loves the Oxford comma, New York in the fall, and bands most people have never heard of.
- Florida Bar
- Tennessee Bar
- Federal Circuit Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
Industry & Community Involvement
- The Recording Academy/GRAMMYs - Professional Member
- Florida Bar Entertainment, Arts, & Sports Law Section - Chair (2017-2018)
- Federal Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orlando Gay Chorus, Inc. - Board Member
- Timucua Arts Foundation, Inc. - Board Member
About the Firm
Davey Jay Law is a local firm with an international reach. We are passionate arts-lovers and law nerds, and firmly believe that everyone succeeds when each person focuses on what they are best at doing. What does that mean for you? You don’t have to spend your time deciphering legal documents or guessing whether you’re making the right move. It also means that we don’t dabble. After all, a jack of all trades is a master of none.
Our practice is focused on providing the following services, which are the core of our firm’s practice and are carefully curated to offer our clients comprehensive assistance, guidance, and solutions:
- Business Law & Contracts: S-Corp and LLC formation, contract review, negotiations, and drafting, website terms and privacy policies, services agreements, and independent contractor agreements
- Copyright Law: registration, licensing, work for hire agreements, and assignments
- Entertainment Law: music, film, literary, art, theatrical, and video games
- Trademark Law: search and clearance, registration, licensing, and assignments
- Social Media & Influencers: name, image, and brand protection, affiliate agreements, and sponsorship agreements
- General Counsel: a variety of services tailored to your needs, all for a flat monthly fee
We boast an extraordinary team of incredible individuals, each bringing a diverse range of expertise and, collectively, decades of involvement in the legal industry. They'll not only help you stay on track with deadlines but also provide support across a range of aspects. And, of course, they're also incredibly cool.
We are dedicated to improving our community, so you will frequently find us supporting local organizations and our clients at their shows, events, and open houses, as well as sharing our knowledge and experience by hosting free seminars to help business owners and creatives thrive in their industries. If you’d like to learn about upcoming events, make sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
Don't let legal complexities stifle your vision. Contact us to schedule a consultation today.